Tuesday, April 9, 2013

AT&T: I know, I'll copy Google Fiber!

As you may have heard, Google Fiber now has a competitor; AT&T. And not only does fiber now have competition; Google and AT&T are both going to be breaking ground in the same city, Austin Texas. This is sure to create company tension. Currently, Google offers a free plan, but I have no news as far as plan prices go from AT&T. But, I do know that AT&T is going to need to have attractive prices to try and break consumers away from a Google net of services. Google Fiber project manager, Kevin Lo, says that the prices in Austin may not be the same as the ones in Kansas City. However, I think that Google would not change the prices very much. Right now, I would love to be Austin's mayor, Lee Leffingwell. He is getting new fiber internet connections from two of the biggest tech companies in America. Austin is pretty lucky to be honest with you. I can't wait to see how the competition will affect pricing margins. But, Austin will definitely be in the fiber spotlight for at least a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment