Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vdio and Rdio: The iTunes of the Internet?

Everyone knows and loves iTunes. But, there is one company that is aiming to change that. Titled Rdio, an alternate spelling of radio; the company now has an online music and video service. The music service, Rdio, is an unlimited music plan and charges by what devices you use. This price model has definitely earned its share of media attention. The new video service, just launched today, Vdio, is definitely now a competitor to iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, and similar services. Vdio has the same price model as all other services: charge users by per episode. But what Vdio different, is the fact that it is web and mobile based. Consumers can watch their TV episodes and movies via their web browsers, not just using an app (i.e. iTunes) on their computers. Also, Vdio has launched an app for iPad, but I think I can make a safe assumption that they are doing quickly to get apps rolled out for iPhone, Android, and maybe even Blackberry and Windows Phone. An additional feature is that you can use your Rdio login for Vdio too. No more managing different media passwords. I think that Vdio was a wise decision. The idea of a closed system for both your music and TV episodes/movies seems intriguing. I do think that Vdio will eat up some market share, but it will be real adjustment for customers. If you are a Rdio unlimited subscriber, you can get a $25 credit. Just check your email, and you should have gotten an invitation from Rdio. All the rest of you will have to wait before you can get a peek at Vdio. They are signing people up for the public release, just take a visit over to their website, Vdio.com and click on "Get Notified". As Vdio says, "Enjoy the show!"

5 comments:

  1. Hello friends, how is everything, and what you would like
    to say on the topic of this piece of writing, in my view its really amazing designed for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, thanks for your posts on our Blog page,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure where you're getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I was looking for this information for my mission.|
    Michael Kors Outlet http://www.demigraphics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. the situation is that the jerseys usually are not sold in pittsburgh itself, but all over the place while in the country.
    wholesale jerseys http://www.alta-tt.org/sportjerseys/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this
    board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

    ReplyDelete