Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cisco Acquires SourceFire For $2.7 Billion

Cisco Systems announced today that it will be purchasing Sourcefire, a Columbia, Maryland security equipment company. The deal was announced in Cisco's corporate blog.

Sourcefire is a leader in intrusion-detection devices. Its products are laid on a foundation made up of Snort, an open-source intrusion-detection software, which it developed. Sourcefire was founded in 2001 by Martin Roesch. It was started in 2001, has about 650 employees and reported sales of about $220 million in 2012.

This is Cisco's seventh deal for 2013, with hopefully more to come.

1 comment:

  1. It's a pity yοu don't hаve a donate button! I'd without
    a doubt donate to this supеrb blog! I guess for now i'll settle ffoг book-marking
    and adding yοur RSS feed to my Gooоgle account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will talk aout
    this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

    Αlso visit my sitе vulnérabilités

    ReplyDelete